Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shake N' Bake

This past week we experienced two earthquakes in Tsfat ranging on the richter scale from 4.5 - 5.0.



I grew up in California where it happens all the time, so its not something new to me. Yet every time I do experience one, it freaks me out. It's the unexpectedness that gets to me the most.. Not knowing when it will happen again.... That really drives me nuts.


So, we had this earthquake on friday, 12:30 in the afternoon. I was standing in my room talking to a few other girls there when the ground moves beneath, I trip and manage to fall onto my bed immediately grabbing our floppy bookshelf so it wouldn't fall over. I understand that not everybody grew up with the idea of "earthquake safety" like I have and the whole "drop under a table and take cover" idea isn't their second nature.... But everyone should have a sense of logic, something you would NOT do...

For example, you should definitely not start jumping up and down excitedly and then run to the window to see the cars swaying all while the earth is shaking.

3 Simple Rules

No comments: